Why America Needs to Take a Drive Down the Highway of Holiness
Welcome to the last days!
It appears that the legislative laws of this nation are rapidly beginning to favor sin over holiness. No matter how deceptively persuasive science, health care and the government have become, we must remember that what is legalized on this earth could still be illegal in heaven according to the Bible.
The Word of God must remain the moral compass in the life of every blood-bought believer in Jesus Christ. We must get on the highway of holiness and stay on it during these unprecedented times of deception. We cannot ignore the reality that one of the primary warning signs of the return of Jesus Christ is that deception would infiltrate the earth. We also know that in the last days mankind will call evil good and good evil. We must spiritually travel daily on the highway of holiness.
Matthew 24:3-4 says, “As He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, ‘Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?’ Jesus answered them, ‘Take heed that no one deceives you.’”
Isaiah 5:20 says, “Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who exchange darkness for light, and light for darkness; who exchange bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!”
Isaiah 35:8a says, “A highway shall be there, a roadway, and it shall be called the Highway of Holiness.”
Isaiah 40:3-5 says,”The voice of him who cries out, ‘Prepare the way of the Lord in the wilderness, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Let every valley be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low, and let the rough ground become a plain, and the rough places a plain; then the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken it.”
As you consider the spiritual highway of holiness paved by the precious blood of Jesus Christ, allow these few summarized concepts to penetrate your soul, stirring your heart to defy the normalcy of sin that is becoming a way of life in America.
1. Every valley shall be exalted. Valleys are low places in the earth’s surface that can prophetically symbolize aspects of defeat in your life. In the valley of decision, the enemy wants to defeat you in the low places of your life with temptation. The good news is that in the natural, rivers run through valleys. God is always willing to bring life in the low places to keep you on the highway of holiness. Temptation will come in the valley, but the Spirit of God desires to empower you to live holy.
2. Every mountain and hill brought low. One of the primary mountains that the enemy uses to keep you off the highway of holiness is unbelief. When certain things happen in your life, the mission of the enemy is to magnify the problem until it appears to be an immovable mountain. You have a promise in the face of your problem that God will bring every mountain and hill low. Rest assured, you can walk by faith and not by sight, moving any mountain in your path. It is important to remember that rivers cut down mountains in the natural, changing their shape. Allow the river of God’s Spirit to flow in you cutting a clear path to the highway of holiness.
3. Crooked places shall be made straight. When I think of the crooked places, I think of areas in a believer’s life that might be compromised or dishonest. Compromise must be confronted in your life with holiness. Compromise is that middle state between conflicting opinions. There is no time to waver between two opinions. If God is God, then serve Him with your whole heart, embracing the conviction of the Holy Spirit that leads you on the highway of holiness.
4. The rough places will be made smooth. Consider a road in the natural; the roughness in a road is caused by dislocation where the pavement is discontinuous. There are gaps that start happening in the road, causing it to become rough. Maybe as you are reading this article your mind goes to some rough patches that have happened in your life, potentially regret, unforgiveness or offense that have created spiritual gaps in your thinking. You must know that you are not disqualified as the God of heaven desires to make every rough place smooth in your life. God is close to the brokenhearted and desires to heal your wounds today by the blood of Jesus Christ.
5. The glory of the Lord shall be revealed. Finally we have a promise on the highway of holiness that the glory of the Lord shall be revealed. I am reminded of Habakkuk 2:14 that says, “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the seas.” God desires that, on the highway of holiness, a generation would overflow with His glory, becoming an eyewitness with firsthand experience with the glory of the Lord!
Caleb Cooper is a firebrand revivalist that operates in the Apostolic and Prophetic, believing God to change atmospheres and transform regions with revival and awakening. He ministers out of a heart that believes we are the generation that will see the coming of the Lord. Caleb Cooper received his Doctorate Degree in Biblical Studies from FountainGate School of Revival in Mesa, Arizona and has served as a Senior Pastor for over a decade. Caleb Cooper currently Pastors New Hope Revival Church in Truth Or Consequences, NM